1. We, over 300 delegates from 72 political parties and organizations in 50 countries, attended in Chongqing, China from 13th to 15th October “The CPC in Dialogue with the World” hosted by the International Department of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of China (CPC), and organized by the CPC Chongqing Municipal Committee.
2. Themed “Innovation in Global Economic Governance: Initiatives and Actions of Political Parties”, the Dialogue entailed in-depth discussions on extensive topics. During the Dialogue, Chinese delegates also held discussions respectively with representatives of African political parties and of political parties from countries along the Mekong River on specific issues. Extensive consensus has been reached at the Dialogue and it was a full success.
3. We agree that against the backdrop of lingering impact of the global financial crisis, tortuous recovery and deep adjustments of the global economy, and complicated and ever-changing international and regional security landscapes, the Dialogue, focusing on the propositions and actions of political parties on global economic governance, represents both a positive response to the achievements of the G20 Hangzhou Summit, and an active exploration of global economic governance, and is of great significance.
4. We hold that the current global economy is at a crossroad of transition, with the momentum of the last round of technological and industrial revolution diminishing, the potential of traditional economic systems and development models declining, and a new round of technological and industrial revolution ready to spring into action. In the face of new opportunities and challenges, the international community should work together to guide the direction of global economic development through innovating the means of global economic governance, and through replacing the old driving forces of development with new ones characterized by the sustainable use of resources.
5. We emphasize that political parties, as the basic organizations and important players of countries’ political lives, can offer direction for, cultivate the strength of, and promote the process of global economic governance. Political parties and politicians of all countries should, bearing in mind the interests of their own countries and of humanity, boost exchanges, forge consensus, promote cooperation, pool strength, and push global economic governance toward a more just and equitable direction.
6. We reaffirm that think tanks, as important sources of suggestions and references for decision making, should constantly deepen their understanding of the patterns of global economic development; continuously come up with innovative ideas for global economic governance; and consistently push it forward through theoretical innovations, empirical studies, and exchanges. In so doing, they can contribute their wisdom to achieving robust, sustainable, balanced, and inclusive global economic growth.
7. We agree that innovation is one of the most important drivers for long-term stable growth. Politicians of political parties and scholars of think tanks should leverage innovation to identify new potential for national and global economic growth, and to build new growth engines that can reverse the global economic doldrums. We should promote structural reforms to our economies with innovative ideas on development and governance, so as to unleash the dynamism of wealth creation, enable the market to optimally allocate resources, and help the global economy walk out the current difficulties and achieve comprehensive recovery.
8. We maintain that the world today is increasingly becoming a community of shared destiny that rises and falls together. Politicians of political parties and scholars of think tanks should galvanize countries, especially major economies, to strengthen coordination of their macro-economic policies and adopt responsible macro-economic policies by considering other countries’ interests when pursuing the interests of their own, and bearing in mind other countries’ development while pursuing their own development, so as to ensure positive spillover effect, and to strive to promote inter-connected growth, mutual benefit, and win-win cooperation.
9. We hold that although humans are capable of exploiting and altering nature, ultimately, we are a part of the nature. Therefore we must strike a balance between economic development and environmental protection and build an ecological system featuring in, respect of nature and green development. Politicians of political parties and scholars of think tanks should advocate the concept of green development, promote the timely and full implementation of the “Paris Agreement”, encourage countries to develop green, low-carbon and circular economies, push for harmony between man and nature, and strive to make new contribution to global ecological security.
10. We believe that all economies will prosper when they join hands, and will suffer when they are at odds. Countries should jointly develop an open global economy and safeguard it, improve allocation of global resources, optimize global industrial layout, work to build a global value chain of shared interest, and actively foster a large global market that benefits all parties. Politicians of political parties and scholars of think tanks should oppose all kinds of protectionism and help reignite the dual economic engines of trade and investment. They should uphold the free, open, inclusive, transparent, and non-discriminatory multilateral trading system, reject exclusive trading standards, rules and systems, and prevent fracturing of the global market and disintegration of the global trading system. They should explore on how to improve global investment rules, strengthen international financial regulation, guide the reasonable flow of capital worldwide, and allocate resources more effectively.
11. We agee that the ultimate goal of global economic development is that all mankind can share in the fruits of development. Politicians of political parties and scholars of think tanks should advocate inclusiveness and sharing in economic and social development, promote a fair, just, inclusive, and orderly international economic and financial system, and make sure that all countries enjoy equal rights, opportunities, and rules in international economic cooperation. It is necessary to better reflect the interests of emerging economies and developing countries in the world economic development and global economic governance, to promote poverty eradication, to improve livelihood, and to embrace the ideas of fairness, justice, inclusiveness, sustainability, and sharing in every country’s development. We should strive to create better environment and conditions for social organizations to participate in economic and social governance.
12. We maintain that open regional and sub-regional economic cooperation is an important driving force for inclusive and inter-connected development of the global economy, and an important part of the innovation of global economic governance. Representatives of political parties of China and countries along the Mekong River held discussions on Lancang-Mekong Cooperation, which is of great significance for maintaining regional peace and stability; and for guiding regional cooperation and development. They hope to take the dialogue as an opportunity to hold the Dialogue between the CPC and Political Parties of Countries along the Mekong River on a regular basis, so as to better leverage the role of political parties of related countries in providing political guidance for Lancang-Mekong sub-regional cooperation.
13. We realize that, due to the intensifying imbalance in global economic development, developing countries’ demand for improving global economic governance is becoming ever more urgent. Therefore, the international community should actively implement the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development of the United Nations, and support the industrialization of Africa and the Least Developed Countries. Developing countries should be encouraged to exchange governance experience, and enhance practical economic cooperation. Discussions on China-Africa cooperation and development between representatives of political parties of China and African countries can help the two sides draw development experience from each other, promote their common development, and enhance the status and role of developing countries in global economic governance.
14. We agree that, as China is the second largest economy and the biggest developing country in the world, its development concepts and practices are important for global economic recovery. We appreciate China’s determination and actions in comprehensively deepening reforms, cultivating new driving forces for economic development, promoting economic transformation and upgrading, and building new institutions for an open economy. We expect the Communist Party of China to lead the Chinese people in achieving a better, more stable and sustained economic growth through implementing the concept of innovative, coordinated, green, open, and shared development.
15. We notice the efforts of the Chinese Government to promote international economic cooperation and global economic governance in recent years. China is committed to increasing effective supply to generate new demands, and to pushing forward the rebalancing of the global economy by providing, for global economic governance, important public goods such as the “Belt and Road” Initiative and the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank. In particular, the successful G20 Hangzhou Summit has brought about new hope and injected new dynamism into the global economic development. Speaking positively of China’s efforts, we expect China to work together with all relevant parties to achieve common and sustainable development, and deliver tangible benefits to peoples of all countries through inclusive, transparent, and open cooperation.
16. We commend leaders of the CPC and the Chinese Government for their efforts to hold this successful Dialogue, and express gratitude to the International Department of the CPC Central Committee, the CPC Chongqing Municipal Committee, and Chongqing Municipal People’s Government for their gracious hospitality and thoughtful arrangements.
15th October 2016